1. What’s included in the $2,649 land-only price of the 2023 Slovakia Heritage Tour, Sept. 8-17?
- 9 nights in 3 and 4 star hotels and inns with private bathroom, twin accommodations.($549 single-room supplement.)
- Transfer services in an air-conditioned van, minibus or bus with fridge/refreshments.
- Breakfast each day, 4 dinners, Information Reception included. (See Day-by-Day Itinerary)
- 24/7 services of native Slovak guide/interpreter and professional driver.
- Guided sightseeing tours each day.
- Tips/gratuities except for personal restaurant meals/guide/driver.
- Admissions to festivals, historic sites, museums and cultural activities.
- Special programs on Slovak culture, history, music and language.
- Guided moderate hikes and walks in Spania Dolina, and Tatry Mountains. (Optional)
2. What’s not included?
- Round-trip airfare.
- Airport transfers to/from hotel in Vienna/Bratislava, or from departure city. (Can be arranged.)
- Extra beverages at included dinners.
- Medical or travel insurance. (See #8)
- Passport and visa fees.(No visa needed for US citizens.)
- Optional services and fees. (See #3 & 4)
3. Can I add on any additional activities for a fee?
Yes. Best Slovakia Tours keeps the Slovakia Heritage a small group tour so they are able to adjust the tour to people’s interests. Just a few of many options you might want to add:
- Spa treatment, saunas, massage at spa hotels.
- Cable car ride to top peak of the Tatry mountains.
- Personal guided hike in the Tatry mountains.
- Musical performances/opera/ballet in cities.
4. What options do I have to visit my family and ancestral village?
We will be happy to help you investigate your family roots with our recommended genealogical researcher before and during the trip.
For an additional fee (paid directly to the service providers), we can arrange the following in advance :
- Private day trip to visit family members or ancestral villages with guide/translator.
- Genealogical research on family origins, and local record searches to reconnect with families.
5. Can I extend my stay?
- Yes. Since you probably would like to make the most of your trip to Central Europe, Best Slovakia Tours can help you plan optional pre-and post-tours to Vienna, Krakow, Budapest, Prague and other locations. Often you can fly in to Vienna and out of one of these other cities at no extra cost.
- Please let us know what your interest is when you are booking the tour. We can help you plan other destinations as well, both pre- and post-tour.
6. Why travel with Best Slovakia Tours?
Best Slovakia Tours keeps the Slovakia Heritage Tour small so that you can experience all that Slovakia has to offer at your pace, on a more personal scale than a larger tour focused on crowded tourist sites and large cities. Traveling in a small bus or van, you’ll explore the cities, but also small towns and countryside to piece together the unique history and culture that makes Slovakia such a charming blend of old and new.
Whether this is your first trip to Slovakia or you’ve been before, Best Slovakia Tours will make it easy for you to relax and enjoy the picturesque, ever-changing landscapes, and experience the traditions and contemporary culture, up close and personal. Rediscover the food, customs and some of the language you lived as a child. Learn about traditional music and crafts. Travel high into the mountains on gondola or foot. Reflect on the architectural and cultural remnants of the Soviet era. Meet the people as they work to make Slovakia a vital part of the European Union.
Also, because of the size of the group, Best Slovakia Tours with the advisory service on Judy Northup-Bennett in the US will able to give you individual service before, during and after the tour. We’re here to answer your questions, translate if necessary, respond to your special needs, find your relatives and ancestral villages and and do our best to tailor the tour to your interests. We’re passionate about Slovakia, and we love that we always learn and discover something new through your interests and your eyes.
7. What is the payment schedule?
- To hold a place on this September’s Slovakia Heritage Tour, contact Judy Northup-Bennett, firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-544-5144, or contact Best Slovakia Tours directly: http://www.bestslovakia.com
- There are limited places which will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The deposit and all payments will be paid to Best Slovakia Tours the tour organizer and operator.
- Payments for extended tours to Vienna, Krakow Prague, or other cities are due 2 months before the trip. Payments for optional personalized day tours to family villages and genealogical services are paid directly to the providers who are solely responsible for these services.
8. What if I need to cancel?
If an emergency arises and you need to cancel, Best Slovakia Tours will refund your payments on the following basis. All requests for refunds must be made in writing. It’s important for you to review Best Slovakia’s full Terms and Conditions at https://www.bestslovakiatours.com
- Cancellation by June 1 : Full refund minus $150 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation by July 15 : Full refund minus $500 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation by Aug. 15: Refund minus $1200 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation After Aug. 15 : No refund.
There are no refunds for people who do not have appropriate travel documents. Your passport must be valid for 6 months after your travel date. To play it safe, you should renew your passport if it expires before April 2021.
There are no refunds for unused services included in the trip, such as hotel, breakfasts, excursions.
9. Does the tour provide travel or medical insurance?
Best Slovakia Tours does not charge a mandatory travel/medical insurance fee like some tour groups, but we recommend that people consider travel insurance by consulting their own insurance agent and health insurance plans. Although we can not endorse or recommend any travel insurance company, some of the names in the travel insurance industry that you can review on the web are: http://www.travelguard.com ; http://www.tripmate.com ; and http://www.globaltravelshield.com .
10. Which airport is best to fly into and leave from?
Since the Slovakia Heritage Tour starts in Bratislava at 8:30am at the Hotel Radisson Blu Carlton on Sept. 8, it is best to arrive a day or two before the tour starts, so that you can rest up.
Vienna is about a 45 minute drive from Bratislava. It has a bigger airport and there are more direct or one-stop flights to Vienna, depending on where you will be departing from in the states.. You can usually get a better air fare price to Vienna. Bratislava is a small airport and usually requires connecting flights through Prague.